Pomona-Pitzer Athletics Hall Of Fame Selection Criteria
Approved criteria to be used by the Selection Committee in selecting Pomona-Pitzer Athletes for membership in the Pomona-Pitzer Colleges Athletic Hall of Fame (revised Dec. 1990):
1. A three-year letter winner in two or more sports, a two-year letter winner in three or more sports, or a four-year letter winner in one sport.
2. An All-Conference selection two years or more.
3. An All-District selection in NAIA, NCAA, or AIAW two years or more.
4. An All-American or Little All-American selection, mention, or listing in any sport.
5. A holder of a College, Conference, Pacific Coast, National, or World Record.
6. A National Champion in any sport.
7. A World Champion in any sport.
8. A member of the U.S. Olympic Team, a Pan-American team, a National Team, or a selection for the World University Games.
9. 'Honorary Membership' may be awarded for the Hall of Fame when the individual being considered has made an outstanding contribution to Pomona-Pitzer's athletic program through recognition as a State or World figure, such as a coach, athlete, or national leader, and who was or was not necessarily in athletic competition.
10. 'Distinguished Service Award' may be presented by the Committee to a person who has distinguished herself/himself through exemplary service and commitments to Pomona-Pitzer's athletic program.
11. No candidate shall be considered for selection to the Pomona-Pitzer Colleges Athletic Hall of Fame until the tenth year following graduation of her/his class.
12. All candidates under consideration must have been in good standing in the college community while competing on an athletic team.
13. In determining which of many qualified candidates should be selected, the Selection Committee will strive to follow the dictum that the nominee shall have "made herself/himself famous" and not become famous through recognition by the Committee.
14. A special 'Athletic Hall of Fame Team" award may be presented to an entire team that has distinguished itself in Conference, District, or National competition. Criteria for selection will be decided by the Committee.
To nominate, contact Kirk Reynolds, Chair of the Athletic Hall of Fame