Pomona-Pitzer Basketball School
June 27-29, 2018
Head Basketball Coach
Each player participating in the Pomona-Pitzer Basketball School will not only undergo an enjoyable experience, but also one that will benefit him or her in many ways. This camp is an outstanding experience for young basketball players.
The camp stresses the development of a winning attitude along with the needs of the age groups involved, and is taught in a manner that makes learning interesting, understandable, and enjoyable!
Coach "Kat" and his staff bring to this camp experience, an excellent background in the training, education, and motivation of young athletes. This personalized approach to instruction will provide each player with the opportunity to improve his or her fundamental basketball skills.
- All Day
- Morning Camp
- Afternoon Camp
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:15-10:30 am||Morning Instruction|
|10:30 am||Morning Team Games|
|1:00-2:00 pm||Afternoon Instruction|
|2:00-3:00 pm||Scrimmages/Breakdown Work|
|3:00-4:00 pm||Afternoon Team Games|
Tuition for the camp is $120.00 for the full-day session. For a Mornings Only or Afternoons Only session, the tuition is $70.00. A $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a place for your camper.
Registration on Wednesday:
- All-Day and Mornings Only campers: 8:15-9:00 am
- Afternoon Campers: 12:30 pm
- All-Day and Mornings Only campers: 8:30-9:00 am
- Afternoon Campers: 12:30 p.m.
- Mornings Only campers: 12:00 pm
- All-Day/Afternoon campers: 4:00 pm
- Free camp t-shirt
- Free camp basketball
- Daily fundamental instruction and demonstrations
- Personalized instruction tailored to appropriate age groups
- Two full-court team games each day
- Written player evaluations
- Individual awards for outstanding performances
- Swim time based upon availability of pool facilities
- Campers must bring their own lunch, but free drinks are provided
- The Basketball School is held at the Rains Center Athletic Complex, home of the Pomona-Pitzer Colleges Sagehens, on the campus of Pomona College.
- The Rains Center features five indoor courts along with training and locker room facilities.
- The Basketball School is available to boys and girls entering grades 2 through 9 in the fall of 2018.
- Practical work with fundamentals and how they apply to modern offensive and defensive methods will be the main features of the Basketball School.
|Registration Form/Emergency Release|